Information for Submitting a CTE Application
- It is recommended that students who show an interest in applying to one of our 15 career and technical education programs submit an application as early as grade 8 and as soon as possible to ensure seat availability. Programs are filled on a first come first serve basis as long as the applicant meets eligibility criteria. See Admission Policy.
- Once a program is full, all eligible students will be put on a waiting list in the order the application is received or they may elect to enroll in their second program of choice.
- Upon review of all information, if your application is accepted, an email will be sent to the email addresses listed on the application of the conditions of acceptance, if any.
- If the application is denied, an email will be sent to the email addresses listed on the application with an explanation of the reason for denial along with any possible next steps.
Out of District Students
- Once your application is received by the Career Center Office, a copy will be sent electronically to the principal and superintendent in your home district. They may want to schedule a meeting with you prior to your withdrawal from their school district.
- If you receive a decision of acceptance and you reside in the school districts of Ponaganset, Scituate, Exeter-West Greenwich, W. Warwick, Warwick and East Greenwich, you may register for transportation to and from the career center by clicking this link: Statewide Transportation You may also call Statewide for information at 401-222-5024.
- Once accepted, you will need to complete a school registration. Please click on this link for an electronic copy of the school registration. CHS Registration. Once completed, it can be scanned and sent back electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or it can be mailed to: Coventry High School, 40 Reservoir Road, Coventry, RI 02816 ATT: Lori Ferguson
- If the application is denied, an email will be sent to the email addresses listed on the application with an explanation along with any possible next steps.
Home Schooled Students
- If you are a home school student residing in Coventry and would like to enroll in one of our career programs, please visit the policy for “At Home Instruction” to read the acceptance criteria before submitting an application. You can click on the link or visit the policy on our District Home Page for At Home Instruction, section 5 a-f for guidance on approval criteria.
- If you are a home schooled student residing in a district other than Coventry and would like to attend one of our career programs, please read both the Coventry Public Schools “At Home Instruction” policy and the policy of your home district before applying. Transportation is not provided to home schooled students.