SkillsUSA is a national partnership of students, teachers and industry representatives working together to ensure America has a skilled workforce. SkillsUSA is an individual membership organization serving middle school, high school and college/postsecondary students who are preparing for careers in technical, skilled and service occupations, including health occupations. SkillsUSA Inc. is a national nonprofit and tax-exempt organization.
SkillsUSA empowers its members to become world-class workers, leaders and responsible American citizens. SkillsUSA improves the quality of America’s skilled workforce through a structured program of citizenship, leadership, employability, technical and professional skills training. SkillsUSA enhances the lives and careers of students, instructors and industry representatives as they strive to be champions at work.
SkillsUSA, Rhode Island
SkillsUSA is a partnership of students, teachers, and industry working together to ensure America has a skilled workforce. With the help of dedicated teachers, SkillsUSA RI reaches over six thousand of middle, high school, and college/postsecondary students. Each element of SkillsUSA programming is based upon a framework that illustrates the importance of personal, workplace, and technical skills grounded in academics.
SkillsUSA RI is a successful solution to America’s growing skills gap. Business and industry members recognize that individuals entering the workforce not only lack technical abilities, but also employability skills. SkillsUSA RI students gain the necessary tools that allow them to become exemplary individuals and employees.
In addition to emphasizing the importance of technical skills, we provide quality experiential learning opportunities for students in leadership, teamwork, citizenship, and character development. SkillsUSA RI emphasizes the belief in high ethical standards, superior work skills, lifelong education, and pride in the dignity of work.
- Provides a common language for students to articulate what they gain from SkillsUSA participation to employers, administrators, parents and other students
- Assesses student skill development along a learning continuum of awareness, demonstration and mastery
- Creates a vision for SkillsUSA programs at the local, state, and national levels to ensure quality student-led experiences that build skills in all members
Empowers every student to achieve career success
- Delivers a skill set demanded in business and industry but lacking in many employees today
- Ensures that every student member receives a consistent and specific skill set.